Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Tale of the Bourbon Blues


4bartenders.com (for bartenders, those who want to be and other scoundrels)

embellished by Barfly


My humble days began in a Kentucky oak shack.

Now I slowly age inside a glass house.

Sad and lonely, most of my life has been spent in the bottom of a bottle.

I long to touch someone's lips, warm their mouth and play on their tongue.

If you doubt my love, I have the proof.

My appearance, body and aroma will tempt you.

I wait patiently to be inside of someone special.

I can make you laugh ...and also cry.

I hold the whis'key' to your heart.

My short existence is running out.

Consume me and let me give you pleasure!

Release my bottled up intoxication.

My last dying moments are frozen, very cold.

Touching your lips is all I've ever known.

My days have come to an end ...on the rocks!

Your breath pleads you guilty of my demise.

...and I am now but a spirit you wish revisited.

No comments:

Post a Comment