Wednesday, August 18, 2010

BAKON VODKA ...Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.

4bartenders.com (for bartenders, those who want to be and other scoundrels)

Since the 1990's with the introductions of all the flavored signature vodka martinis (ofter referred to as "fruitinitis") liquor manufacturers have been busy to capitalize on the popularity of flavor infused vodkas and other liquors. While I will address some of these new flavored liquors and "fruitini"-drinks in future postings, after reading about this in a friend's blog I couldn't resist the temptation to do a blog of my own on it as it definitely piqued my interest in learning more about it.

The topic? ...BAKON VODKA. The tag line? ...Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.

Per the Seattle WA based Black Rock Spirits company behind this unique vodka, "We start with superior quality Northwest potatoes instead of the random mixed grains that make up most vodkas. No tinge or burn on the tongue, no obnoxious smoky or chemical flavors, just a clean refreshing potato vodka with delicious savory bacon flavor."

After reading about BAKON VODKA, my mind reeled at all the new drink recipe creations I could make ...as well as all the fun at making puns about it. To start off, a drink made with potatoes and bacon is almost already there for the makings of some great German potato salad. And if I can get my hands on some lettuce infused Vodka I'd have the only bar in town where you can literally drink your BLT.

But on a serious note, I can't wait to try it ...maybe I'll have some for breakfast with my eggs.

For more information:
http://www.bakonvodka.com

No comments:

Post a Comment